Experience The Chatham Islands
The Chatham Islands is a bucket list for many. New Zealand’s easternmost outpost, with the dateline stretching around the Chatham Islands, allowing the claim to fame of being the first permanently inhabited place in the world to welcome the new day.
The isolation of the Chatham Islands has created a unique Island lifestyle and society, many locals descend from Moriori genealogy, and you can discover the rich Moriori history and culture during your stay on the Chatham Islands.
The remote location of the Chathams means there is endemic flora and fauna, found nowhere else in the world.
Travel to The Chatham Islands
In March 2018 and now April 2019 we have taken groups of 26 and then 16 to the Chatham Islands, it has all been fabulous.
We have another two trips to the Chatham Islands January 4th to 11th 2020 and January 2021, with departure and arrival ex Auckland. We would love you to join us so inquire or phone us now. Phone Lynette on, 0276264427. Or 09 4255623. During the one week stay we will visit the four corners of the Chatham Islands. The Enigmatic East, The Nuggety North East, The Wild West, The Natural North and The Sulty South. The beautiful bits in between, Blind Jims and Nikau reserve, Admiral Gardens-stunning sheltered gardens established for the birds, bees and butterflies by Val and Lois Croon, a large attractive planting of the Chatham Island Lilies (the Forget Me Not’s). You will discover dramatic scenery, a unique culture and learn about the history of this amazing place.
This is a foodies paradise, with all the Blue Cod, Crayfish and seafood and amazing food cooked by Tai and Toni. The Rib Eye Beef was superb. You are served continental breakfasts daily and packed picnic lunches, three course dinners every night. To be honest we need to go home and go on a diet. The whole adventure has been superb. The history amazing and it makes you want to investigate more and more of it.
What Your Tour Includes
- Flights on Air Chathams Convair 580 aircraft (comfortable, safe and with plenty of leg room)
- Chatham Island accommodation single twin share or double (inquire about a single supplement in a twin or db room).
- All delicious meals included
- Tours to the four corners and bits in between
- Optional extras: (All flights and fishing charters are subject to weather conditions).
- Pitt Island Day Tour (optional extra and a must do)
- Scenic Flight (Air Chathams-optional extra)
- Fishing Charter (optional) fishing like it used to be. Our last group caught 80 Blue Cod in the 3 hour trip from start to finish.
Peter has a family connection with the Chathams and has spent several wonderful holidays here.
We have already had significant interest in this wonderful trip. Numbers are limited so email now for more information. Send us an email for more info firstname.lastname@example.org or inquire thru our website.